Below some additional resources that provide information on climate data, climate change impacts and adaptation, and other useful information that can help you better understand climate and disaster risks to your national- or project-level activities. The resources are organized by tools.
For more information on climate change impacts on energy systems and potential adaptation strategies:
For more information on how to assess coastal climate vulnerability:
- Adapting to Coastal Climate Change: A Guidebook for Development Planners by the US Agency for International Development explains the critical factors of a coastal vulnerability assessment, including climate change projections, exposure, sensitivity, and adaptive capacity. The guide also offers strategies for mainstreaming coastal vulnerability and adaptation into public planning, budgeting, and policies.
- How Resilient is your Coastal Community? A Guide for Evaluating Coastal Community Resilience to Tsunamis and other Hazards by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration contains detailed steps to assess coastal community resilience, which focuses on the soft components of coastal flood protection measures.
- Coastal Hazards and Climate Change: A Guidance Manual for Local Government in New Zealand is intended for coastal development planning and explores the climate change impacts by coastline type, lays out a risk assessment framework, and explains methods to reduce coastal risk.
- Handbook of Current and Next Generation Vulnerability and Adaptation Assessment Tools by the European Commission-funded BASIC project, identifies models that can be used for impact and vulnerability assessments in the water resources sector, and evaluates their strengths and weaknesses.
- Generic Framework for Meso-scale Assessment of Climate Change Hazards in Coastal Environments provides information on the degree to which key climate change hazards are inherent in a particular coastal environment.
- For all IPCC - please indicate which AR it is.
- This is not part of an assessment report, it is a standalone technical paper.