Below some additional resources that provide information on climate data, climate change impacts and adaptation, and other useful information that can help you better understand climate and disaster risks to your national- or project-level activities. The resources are organized by tools.
For resources to help identify the country’s main development goals and priority sectors:
- National Communications are country-specific reports to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change that often contain information and research on a country’s key sectors that may face risks from climate.
- National indicators from World Bank Open Data may also be useful for this tool.
- Past World Bank Country Assistance Strategies will provide information about a country’s development goals and the World Bank’s program of support for that country.
- World Bank Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers can provide a country’s long-term vision and sets out macroeconomic, structural, and social policy goals.
- The World Bank Country Pages provide access to a number of helpful resources, including country briefs, country statistics, feature stories, and country portfolio information.
- Multilateral Development Bank’s Country Pages (including the African Development Bank, Asian Development Bank, and Inter-American Development Bank) host information on development strategies, portfolios, sectors, human development, etc.
- Additionally, some countries may develop their own individual poverty reduction, economic growth, or development strategies, plans, or programs.
For more information on climate change impacts to sectors at the national level: